On Thursday, June 13, 2002, 11:58:06 AM, DG Raftery Sr. wrote:

> Have you tried going into Windows Sounds and Multimedia under the Control
> Panel and disabling Window's sounds, most notably ASTERISK, DEFAULT BEEP
> and PROGRAM ERROR?

> Try it and see if that helps. Worked here and took me about 45 minutes to
> determine what the heck was beeping at me all the time.

I am not having these problems at the moment, fortunately, but I would
not be happy about turning off system sounds, as they may be trying to
tell me about something I need to know!

I think from the last discussion that one of the possible causes is a
filter producing an error. There was a suggestion that this caused the
sound, although I have been unable to reproduce this.

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v1.60p on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600