Hey Joyce,

My MUA believes you used Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
to write 004101c21b9c$31751500$920e08d5@joycesala">mid:004101c21b9c$31751500$920e08d5@joycesala
on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 12:28:36 PM.

>> "One common reason for such behaviour is that one message in your
>> mailbox is infected with a virus and a virus scanner prevents TB!
>> from creating the temporary file.

JS> Or are you saying it's a virus attacking my ISP server??

Close, he is saying that the first msg TB is trying to DL is possibly
infected, so NAV is locking the temp file.  Now TB is stuck...

JS> For Two Weeks?? (msgs are since Jun 14), hardly: this ISP is the
JS> biggest in the country!

yep, the msg will sit there until you remove it... Try using the
dispatcher to delete the first msg, or possibly set up another test
account at one of the free mail services (for example
www.myrealbox.com).

>> "Try the mail dispatcher (Account -> Dispatch messages on
>> server ->> All messages) to have a look at your messages on the
>> server."

JS> I did that now: but other than being able to read the contents, I
JS> cannot save nor can I see any virus notification. What was I
JS> supposed to glean from that?

JS> Excuse me for my ignorance...

We are here to help <g>

btw, you said in a previous msg <see 003501c21b99$98513400$920e08d5@joycesala">mid:003501c21b99$98513400$920e08d5@joycesala>
that you did not have access to your c:\windows\temp dir. If this is
the case, are you having other problems too? Lots of programs use
it...

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! eMail v1.60q