Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:20:47[GMT +0200]   (11:20 AM EDST) Joyce Sala
wrote:

> A week later - that is today - I came back to TB and suddenly I have
> a very strange problem that prevents me from downloading my mail.

> It recognizes the server and even tells me how many messages it's
> going to download. Then during the actual process, it tells me:
> "Received message from X, subject Y, etc. etc." "Could not store
> message (file name: C:\Windows\temp\bat123.temp)" Where X & Y are
> precise details of the message (i.e. it reads the message
> properties), and 123 is a serial number for the message.

> Furthermore - whether because of that or not - it does not actually
> download the mail, although the proper box has been checked to
> delete from the server once downloaded.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Whenever I tried to POP mail
down from one of my accounts, TheBat's Connection Centre would
download almost all of my mail, except the same three messages that
never got downloaded. Each message was said to be infected with the
Klez virus. After several days, I began to wonder what to do about
them <g>.

1. I used my browser to go to http://www.e-mailanywhere.com/, a
Web-based site for accessing an existing pop-based e-mail account that
I had read about. I filled in my account's name and password, but I
didn't press [Enter].

2. I used TheBat! to download the e-mail from my account.

3. Quickly, I hit E-mailAnywhere's [Enter], and noted with
satisfaction that the three old messages appeared in E-mailAnywhere's
Inbox. I trashed the there messages and emptied the trash.

Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111 B

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/