On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, 12:16 PM, you wrote:

SP> Hi Paul,

SP> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:05:46 -0400 GMT (Jul 16, 21:50 my local time),
SP> you [PC] wrote:

PC>> I use XP, and me and my SPOUSE have separate logins, so I DON"T MESS
PC>> with her setup, windows, or email program ( Outlook).

SP> Yes, I'm thinking about XP. But, can't take chances with some of the
SP> hardware that XP might not support. So:

SP> 1. Can I safely install XP alongside Win98 and use dual boot?

dunno, I didn't try that, but I think so. I had it dual boot with
win2K on another machine.

SP> 2. Do I need separate partition (NTFS) if I go with dual OS? I'd like
SP>    to keep FAT32 incase I decide to discard XP later.
you REALLY know how to hurt a guy don't you!! My current situation is
rebuilding a CRASHED winXP setup, had to reload the OS because I
couldn't boot to C:\ because it was NTFS!!! I believe you can keep
FAT32 ( or fat16)

SP> 3. In this dual OS environment, can XP be safely uninstalled, without
SP>    disturbing original Win98 setup?

I wouldn't know, never tried to uninstall it. why bother, just leave
it in, ignore the bootup option and default to the other OS. Better
safe than ...

/ Paul
Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600