On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 21:27, Thomas F. wrote:

> MT> Caught this thread on spamassassin.  The Bat will thankfully NOT be
> MT> labeled as "ratware".
>
> How professional are these people? How much power (in which ever way)
> do they have?

If he has anything to do with spamassasin, or any number of its filters,
it could have a little bit of an impact depending on the general usage
of the program.  I was considering implementing it recently, but decided
against it, and stuck with my procmail filters.

> Luckily, because two people on the same list know people who use TB
> and are not spammers, TB was not labeled "ratware". Wow. I am awed by
> their scientific approach.

Indeed, otherwise it'd share the same fate as those shared by a certain
ISP that decided to lock out TB! because of miss-information.

> Sorry, but if these guys have anything to say in ISPs, the internet is
> doomed.

I believe some small-time ISPs have implemented spamassasin, but it is
mainly home users IIRC.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])