Hello TBUDL,

I'm using The Bat! Version 1.60m
  under Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998

  My school (www.columbia.edu) has changed the configuration for
  sending mail. According to their instructions
  (http://www.columbia.edu/acis/email/authsmtp/), I should use the
  secure smtp with authentication in order to send my mails. So I
  tried to follow the instructions for the other
  mail clients. In the account properties I added the
  send.columbia.edu as a sending server, I added the authentication, I
  chose the connection to STARTTLS and in the authentication menu a
  ticked the "Perform SMTP Authentication" and Used settings of Mail
  Retrieval. But when I try to send an email i get the following error
  in the log and the I cannot send the mail.
<quote>
 25/8/2002, 19:01:14: SEND  - sending mail messages - 2 messages in queue
 25/8/2002, 19:01:24: SEND  - Initiating TLS handshake
 25/8/2002, 19:01:27: SEND  - connection finished - 0 messages sent
 25/8/2002, 19:01:27: SEND  - Some messages were not sent - check the log for details
<\quote>
  Not to say that in the log there are no details beyond the previous
  quotation.
  Furthermore I added the certificate of the university in "The Bat".

  I need your help in order to use the mail server of my
  university. Don't hesitate to contact me for more details.

 Apostolos                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]