Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build  2195

PZJ> 2   I'd like to set up some Groups, and can't find ways to:

PZJ>     select names from my address list to copy to the group.
PZJ>     They will move across, but vanish from the main address
PZJ>     list in doing so.

This is because the group you are putting them in has the option
"Hide items if not explicitly selected" ticked.

Thanks - this now does allow a copy in each section.

PZJ>     show in the main address list which group or groups any
PZJ>     given addressee belongs to.

You have to open the individual's entry to see this. If it's
important for you to see this information, put a copy of it into
another field that is displayable as an address book column.

I'd like to do this, but clicking the 'properties' results in a box
saying 'Invalid Argument to Date Encode'.  This may be because the
addresses were imported (with great difficulty) from Outlook or
Outlook Express, and are therefore not set up quite right.  I still
have the original address book if there's a 'right' way to import
them, such that the 'properties' are accessible.

Many thanks

Paul