Hello Marck,

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 11:10:04 +0100 GMT (31/08/02, 17:10 +0700 GMT),
Marck D Pearlstone wrote:

PZJ>> What is the Connection Centre IIRC, please?

MDP> "The Connection Centre, 'If I Remember Correctly'".

The title of that window is "Dial-Up - NameOfDunConnection" when you
connect manually by hitting alt-F2. The title is "Connection Center"
when you are on a LAN, or if you check mail while a connection is
already established. Maybe Paul doesn't see a window called Connection
Center and was therefore confused.

MDP> BTW - one common error in configuring DUN connections is to leave
MDP> "Log On to Network" checked, which slows the connection process down
MDP> immensely and fails to do anything with most ISP PPP connections.
MDP> That's just a tip and nothing to do with the issue in question.

What a great tip! I just unchecked this box in my DUN connection
configuration and am connected much faster. Thanks. :-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"When they broke open molecules, they found they were only stuffed
with atoms. But when they broke open atoms, they found them stuffed
with explosions."

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM