Hello Januk,

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:28:18 -0700 GMT (01/09/02, 12:28 +0700 GMT),
Januk Aggarwal wrote:

TF>> And that task would be killable by hitting Delete
TF>> or Abort.

JA> Nope.  Try it.  Make a simple .bat script that has one line containing
JA> "Pause".  Then run it from a broad filter.  Watch what happens when
JA> the filter is invoked before you manually kill the script's window.

I'll try that later, but I will believe you for now. ;-)

JA> Which is why I said, just another thing to check. I've had the
JA> problem you're describing too, but typically, I've found that to
JA> be killable with the Abort/Delete buttons. The only time *I've*
JA> experienced a non-killable "hang" is with a misbehaving script.

This would leave the possibility open that a copy/move filter hangs
for some reason, and this is the unkillable thread/task that causes
the problem. No need to be a problem with the connection itself. Is
that right?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM