In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Joseph N. [JN] wrote:'

JN> That certainly expands the notion of an email program, but what
JN> you are describing is an approach that is used in a personal
JN> information manager called "Zoot." Zoot syncs with Outlook, and
JN> can handle .tbb files with some limitations. But the idea of
JN> having what are essentially folders with assignments (either
JN> just manually or by rules+actions) within the MUA would be a
JN> fantastic addition to TB! It could catapult the program in the
JN> ranks of email programs for Windows users. But it would also be
JN> morphing the thing beyond just an MUA;

I don't see why this would make it go beyond just being an MUA.
There are two virtual type folders already supported. The first is
that one displayed as the ticker. Double clicking on the ticker will
produce a browse ticker messages window listing all unread messages
being displayed by the ticker, even though these messages may be
physically, already distributed across multiple folders. I find this
feature wonderful.

The same goes for the search window list.

The code seems to be there. It's just to extend this ability where
the user could create their own virtual message groups like these
for their own purposes.

--
Allie C Martin     \      TB! v1.62/Beta5 & WinXP Pro (SP1)
 List Moderator    /   PGP Key - http://pub-key.ac-martin.com