In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Roelof Otten [RO] wrote:'

RO> No, it doesn't. I use TB, AVG and ZA (free version) and have
RO> never received a corrupt attachment. BTW I run W98 and have got
RO> ADSL.

Hmmm. One of the lucky ones. I hope it continues for you. I had no
problems at first and was a happy camper with ZA for some time but
it didn't last.

I can see one staying with an operating system that's known to be
not the most secure and causes problems because they have invested
time and money into it and furthermore, the alternatives may not
amount to viable choices.

However, the personal firewall thing perplexes me since there are so
many viable, compatible choices out there. I don't see the point of
running TB! and ZA if there are such known associated problems when
running both together. Known problems that can be so insidious in
their manifestations. Bad application interactions come and go. Some
are universal in that they're experienced by all users and some
aren't as is so troublesome with TB! and ZA.

I was once neutral with ZA but I'm now frankly against using it ...
period. OK, I can see the point of making sleeping dogs lie if there
are no current problems but the answer seems clear to me with those
having problems. Change the firewall. I'm amazed that the e-mail
client is changed instead, when the e-mail is the application that
involves more user interaction.

Just my opinion though....

I couldn't keep it to myself any longer. :)

PS// ZA can be factored out of the equation only after uninstalling
it from your system. Merely deactivating it isn't enough. This is
the other horrible thing about it. This should never be the case.

--
Allie C Martin     \      TB! v1.62/Beta5 & WinXP Pro (SP1)
 List Moderator    /   PGP Key - http://pub-key.ac-martin.com