Hello Scott,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:51:21 -0500 GMT (17/09/02, 10:51 +0700 GMT),
Scott McNay wrote:

SM> I'd like to have TB automatically move mailing list messages,
SM> including new ones.  I see that it recognizes the mailing list header
SM> keywords, but there seem to be no macros for them.  I'd ideally like
SM> TB to create a new folder and a new rule automatically when the first
SM> message comes in for a new list, although that's probably pushing it.

Yes, you're pushing it. ;-) You need to create a filter that looks for
filtering strings and then tell it what to do with a message that
matches the condition: move the message to folder ABC. If you don't
have the folder when you program the filter, the folder will be
created.

That's as far as automatic folder creation goes. What you want is
this:

IF FOUND(message CONTAINING list_header) AND UNKOWN(list_header)
     Folder = new FOLDER(list_header)         // create new folder
     Filter = new FILTER(list_header, Folder) // create new move-to filter
     Filter(message CONTAINING list_header, Folder) // execute filter
     ENDIF

Alas, this can't be done.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Vacation Special: have your home exterminated.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM