Hello Dwight,

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, at 15:22:59 GMT -0500 (9/20/02, 3:22 PM -0500 GMT
here), you wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

DAC> so the answer would seem to still be to uninstall all the security
DAC> programs then re-install one at a time and see where the problem lies.

DAC> You may even try juggling the order of installation once you get it
DAC> narrowed down.

I agree. I just don't like the ideal of logging on without any FW, AV,
&/or AT software. I'll just have to create a backup image before I log
on.

IIRC WinXP has a FW that checks inbound, but not outbound. To be honest
I was hoping someone knew of a KNOWN configuration issue on standard
install & dial-up connection. The fact no one has jumped in with a
reply suggest configuration issue &/or security program issue &/or
driver issue. It looks like I have some checking to do.

Greg Strong
TB! v1.60c on Windows 98

PGP public keys:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=0xB1FE63FA&Body=Please20send20keys