Hello Allie,

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, at 13:23:13 GMT -0500 (9/21/2002, 1:23 PM -0500 GMT
here), you wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

ACM> It's enabled here.

I have it enabled here as well. The only concern I really had was with
the install of WinXP Pro from the retailer I purchased the PC. IIRC ZAP
was warning of the SVCHOST.EXE file attempting to log on as a server. It
has not done this with the clean install I've done, so do NOT know what
the difference was between the 2 installations. I'll just have to use
both bootable OS and see what shows up.

I have un-installed ZAP 3.0.x on my install, then ran with just WinXP
FW. Web browsing was still slow. Email seemed to work although I did not
have much email to DL. I have since installed latest version of ZAP
3.1.395 and email seems to be working. Web pages still seem slow.

I must add that I've updated WinXP Pro with SP1. This is a rather new. I
did read about some problems on MS WinXP newsgroup. The discussion
seemed to focus on updates not made after a clean install. I updated
WinXP Pro right after a clean install of WinXP Pro on 2nd bootable
partition. I think I have lots of issues here to weed out to the cause.
My initial feelings are that ZAP does not seem to be the culprit at this
time.

I have 2 issues here. First I need to learn more about WinXP Pro. The
second is the speed of the download process. This is enough in one day.

Greg Strong
TB! v1.60c on Windows XP Service Pack 1

PGP public keys:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=0xB1FE63FA&Body=Please20send20keys