Hello Gerard,

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 at 13:27:31 [GMT +0200], you wrote:
G> I suggested Postcast because I use it and its free.

I've been using Postcast as well for the TBLH discussion list, but
I've noticed it's a little on the slow side. Have you noticed that as
well? I'm wondering if it's a configuration issue. It shouldn't be too
slow as it's going 128Kbps on a Cable connection.

Either way, having your own SMTP server rocks. The only thing I
dislike about doing it is that your IP address shows up in the headers
which isn't the greatest thing for persistent connection people.

At any rate, it really is the best way to go. You're only limited by
your bandwidth, not limitations imposed by your ISP on the number of
recipients (especially in the BCC field).

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
List Moderator (and fellow registered end-user)
PCWize Editor  /  ICQ 216395  /  PGP Key ID 0x7CD4926F

Tagline of the day:
Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the
world's population.