ON Tuesday, September 24, 2002, 8:38:43 PM, you wrote:

B> Joe is a member of Group A, Group B and the main Personal Address
B> Book. Assume Group B has a template defined. If I write an e-mail to Joe
B> by selecting his name from the PAB and choosing New Message, the
B> editor will use the template for Group B instead of the default
B> template for the account.

B> That makes it useless IMHO.

Hi Blarp,

It all depends on how you select the name.
If a person is a member of ANY group that template will always take
precedence over the account template.
If someone is a member of more than one group you need the select the
name in the PAB group which template you want to use. In your example
above you will need that select the name in either group A or Group B to
use the respective templates.

If you also want to use an other template you will either have to make
the person a member of a group with NO template, which will cause the
default account template to be used or give this person his own personal
template.

In short, the templates are far from useless, you need to understand how
they work and how they take precedence over each other. It is quite
logical once you see the light :-)

I hope this makes sense :-)

 Gerard
The Third Law of Photography  -If you did manage to get any good shots,
they will be ruined when someone inadvertently opens the darkroom door
and all of the dark leaks out.

 Using The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3