Hi Richard,

On Saturday, October 5, 2002, 8:25 PM, you put forth, in part, about "Can only connect
when The Bat starts.":

G>> It is not a question of your mailer... it is a question of you knowing
G>your firewall.  Just set your firewall to open up port 25, and/or 110,
G>experiment a little.  I am sure you can open up individual ports,
G>instead of a general "medium security." If you use IMAP and/or SLL to
G>your ISP, let us know...

On second thought, you probably do not need to keep port 25 (SMTP) open,
unless you are running your own mail server.  Try closing that down, and
sew what happens when you send mail.  You should be able to send mail even
though it is not open.  OTOH, leave port 110 open, so you can fetch or POP
your mail... This way, you will not have to keep port 25 open at all.

 Gary

 Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.