Hi Tim,

On Sunday, October 6, 2002 08:51 your local time, (04:36 my local
time), you [T] wrote:

T> If I double-click to open the html attachment in Internet Explorer,
T> the figures do not appear. The space where each should appear is
T> clearly marked, and there is a little picture icon in the top left
T> corner of each rectangle, but I can't make the pictures appear.

AFAIK, TB! doesn't download pictures with HTML mail. This is not a bug
or a limitation but a security feature. The spammers frequently use
pictures to confirm your mail address - which obviously results in
more spam.

T> The email received in Outlook Express displays perfectly.

Needless to say a perfect environment for spammers to exploit.

T> Unless someone can tell me how to make these emails display
T> correctly in TB! (no complicated workarounds), I will have to
T> uninstall TB! and go back to Outlook Express

No need to revert back to OE

T> (unless someone can suggest another mailer that would be more
T> secure and work perfectly for my mother).

Yes: Pocomail (www.pocomail.com). Fantastic mail client with HTML
support both ways. Has an option to toggle picture(s) download on/off.
IMO, the best client after TB! Easy to use yet all advance
functionality exist for power users.

--
be well,
Sudip Pokhrel             |    /"\