Hi Randal!

In message mid:200210270255.TAA14570@;scn.org
on Saturday, October 26, 2002, 9:55:54 PM, you wrote:

SU>   I have received 18 files within the last 48 hours that are infected
SU> with the I-Worm/klez.k virus.  No damage has been done, but it is a real
SU> nuisance.  I downloaded the bat this evening and noticed that the bat is
SU> immune to the current versions of the klez.k worm.

I posted a filter a couple of days ago that seems to be consistently
able to catch klez and bugbear (although it might catch innocent email
as well, so watch out).  With this, you wouldn't have to block a
specific IP.  Here's a repost:

In message mid:10331470372.20021017160415@;wildpetals.com
on Thursday, October 17, 2002, 6:04:15 PM, you wrote:

A>   is there a way to tell if norton antivirus detected a virus in
A>   a message and filter it to some other folder based on the
A>   attachment name containing "norton antivirus"?

Due  to a bug in filtering mime headers (apparently can't do it), this
apparently cannot be done in a direct manner. The best that I could do
is this, which seems to catch both BugBear and Klez:

BeginFilter
Name: Maybe Virus
Active: 1
Source: Inbox
Target: Maybe Virus
MainSet: 40Content-Type: multipart/alternative
Actions: faoAdvIsAttach
EndFilter

Remember to fix the Target directory, and remember to move the rule up
to the top of the list.