In <mid:15924094628.20021027033739@;freeuk.com>,
Barry2 [B] wrote:'

B> Leif posted the way to do it using the registry but what I did
B> was to use the [ Tools / Export Messages ] option to save a
B> current version of all my e-mails. The when TB! was installed on
B> the new system the messages were just imported back. I did create
B> a dummy account when installing to keep TB! happy, then deleted
B> it when the original accounts were imported with all their
B> folders and settings intact.

B> I'd done the job via CD-RW but on the network it should be easy
B> to import directly over the LAN ..

The last time I moved my TB! installation from my old to my new
machine, I did the following:

a) In the TB! main window, I went to the 'Tools' menu and selected
'Backup'.

b) For the backup configuration:

I checked all the items in the 'what to backup' section.

I checked 'standard' for the backup method.

For the backup file at the bottom, I browsed to the directory I
wanted to save the backup, typed a file name and hit the save
button.

I then hit the OK button and waited for the backup to be generated.

c) On the new machine, I started a fresh TB! installation. When all
the TB! files are installed, you'll reach a point where you're asked
if you wish to create new accounts or restore a previous
installation. Choose to restore a previous installation. It will ask
you where the backup file is. Navigate to it, and let TB! work it's
magic.

The advantage of this method is that it's more straightforward. It
avoids having to worry about the registry. Finally, it gives you the
freedom of installing TB! on any drive you wish on the new system.
It can be different from that of the old installation. The
disadvantage is that your general settings will be lost. General
settings such as fonts, window sizes, ticker positions etc. This can
be a good thing since restoring exact configuration on a new system
may not be desirable. Tickers have disappeared because of changes in
monitor resolution.

- --
Allie C Martin     \      TB! v1.62/Beta7 & WinXP Pro (SP1)
 List Moderator    /   PGP Key - http://pub-key.ac-martin.com