Hello Simon & others following this thread,

Simon wrote when Lourdes inquired:

LJ>> http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/ has a nice set of test emails

LJ>> I'm interested in knowing if the Anti-Virus plugins will catch the
LJ>> fragmented email (eicar.com attachment)

S> I  was  testing  the AVG plugin with TB! yesterday with eircar.com available
S> from  here  http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm  When I checked my
S> mail  AVG  caught  the  attached file and created a new quarantine folder in
S> TB!,  then moved the infected email there before continuing to process other
S> incoming mail - So obviously after reassembly but it still gets caught :)

Are attachments contained in the message body or in a separate
folder? If it's the latter, AVG will alert you and quarantine the
message but the infected file remains in the attach (or other)
folder, so you'll need to run AVG to heal it or right (NOT left)
click to delete it.

Also, WinXP makes backup files that will also contain the virus, so
run AVG on the whole partition.

Douglas