Yo Simon,

you wrote regarding:

DH>> Are attachments contained in the message body or in a separate
DH>> folder? If it's the latter, AVG will alert you and quarantine the
DH>> message but the infected file remains in the attach (or other)
DH>> folder...

S> I  had always kept attachments in a separate folder, until recently. I liked
S> it  that  way,  and any infected files that I received got dropped there and
S> pgp  wiped  by  me later. However, I got fed up with managing the folder and
S> having  to  sort  through  hundreds  of files so recently changed to keeping
S> attachments in the message bodies. Still unsure about this, but of course in
S> this case it shows how advantageous this method is :)

Even if the attachment isn't in the message body, the message will
give you the name of the file, so disposing of the file's not much
of a problem. Also, selecting it will active AVG.

I get few of them anyway, since I use the mail dispatcher on the main
accounts and check for message size before downloading. A message
with an attachment not specifically desired isn't downloaded but
rather, deleted on the server.

As for the hundreds of files in an attach directory, anything
important is copied or moved to another folder and often renamed.

BTW, your signature delimitator isn't functioning.