Hello Chris,

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:54:43 -0800 GMT (02/11/02, 03:54 +0700 GMT),
Chris Weaven wrote:

ND>> If there's multiple messages, then even though you delete a message it
ND>> still ends up in the filter to folder.  If there's three messages (as
ND>> an example) and as I read them I delete them, the first two still end
ND>> up in the filtered to folder, the last message will actually be
ND>> deleted.

> I used to use automatic read filters right from my inbox. Probably 75%
> of the ones I'd read, I'd want to delete rather than filter to the
> folder. Problem was, even though I was hitting the delete in the
> message, it was still getting forwarded to the folder, which wasn't what
> I wanted.

This sounds familiar. No, I haven't experienced this, but it was
mentioned on one of the TB lists recently.

ND>> Does that seem like a "normal" way it should work to anyone?

No, I would call it an oversight ("bug"?) in the order in which the
commands (delete and move) are executed. That everything works fine if
you flag the message first, is another indicator that the order is
hardcoded into the module.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

The most precious thing we have is life. Yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM