Hello Adam,

Saturday, November 9, 2002, 9:01:24 PM, you wrote:

AB> Saturday, November 9, 2002, 8:52:35 PM, rick wrote:

>> after 2 days it is working quite well. It uses probability instead of
>> static filters. Works wonderful so far.

AB> Are you just using it to filter spam? I was interested in replacing
AB> all my bat rules with this, but I don't know how well it would work.
AB> Given that my current filters get 90% of my spam anyway, I'm not sure
AB> it's worth it.

I have replaced all my bat rules and now have three rules. POPFile
adds a line of text at end of header like this X-Text-Classification:personal

I then have the three rules. One rule catches the personal, one
catches the spam and one catches thebatlist.  In two days I am very
impressed. Remember you have to train it.  You set it up and then when
you get emails you classify them for POPfile. In doing this for one
day I have achieved over 95%.  Before I rebooted, I had processed 122
messages. POPFile recorded 99.22% accuracy. However, this accuracy
started after the 100th email therefore 21 out of 22 were process
correctly after just 1 day of use.

What really impressed me with POPFile is that it correctly put my
officemax.com (officemax.com emails are very similar in nature to
spam) emails in my personal folder while stopping similar
spam messages.  It did this after training.

I am very happy with it.

 rick