Sunday, November 10, 2002, 2:25:35 AM, Mitch wrote:

> It's not just for filtering spam - you can filter your e-mail on
> ANYTHING. I've been playing with it a couple of hours, and I've got it
> set up to take over all my e-mail filtering. Seems to be working out
> pretty well - it already knows where to put my mailing list mail
> and this is after filtering a mere 14 messages. Pretty impressive.
> I'm really very impressed with POPinfo.

This is what sounds so great about it, the ability to recognise many
different things about email that static filters just can't .
The only problem with using it as a perl script, is that once you've
set it up initially it then runs using just that batch of emails as a
base. What it really needs is to be integrated into the mail client,
that way when it misses something, or gets it wrong, you can tell it
to correct it's database when you move the email to the correct
folder.
I think MSN 8 uses this, but perhaps only for spam. What I'm sure
everyone wants is for this to be included in the bat. I get the
impression that the code isn't actually that difficult to implement,
and it could use the existing user's folders to start off it's words
database.
Is there a request feature thing somewhere where we can ask ritlabs
for this?

--
 Adam                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Bat! 1.62/Beta5 on XP Pro