Hello Allie!

On Friday, November 29, 2002 at 12:52:20 PM you wrote:

> You ask the question. How is TB! to know when the mail-to link
> ends???

> You can't compare an incorrectly formatted mailto link embedded in
> text to an incorrectly formatted url or other link put in a browsers
> address field. The browser can safely assume that all characters
> entered in the address field, makes up the URL. So if there's a
> space, it will automatically insert the %20 characters.

Yes, I see what you mean. But, AIUI, the original poster asked about a
"bug" in TB - the application not recognising a space in a link
correctly. As my example showed, there is a good reason to *not* have
spaces in a link; this, BTW, holds for any application.

Programmes that interpret malformed links "correctly" use a database
behind it, like in your example, the browser uses a specified field. I
can programme such forms in Paradox (or any other database
application) telling it "Use this field for e-mail addresses" or "This
field contains web links". Paradox will then a) format the values I
put in and b) make them live.

The use of mailto links in connection with TB implied to me the
scenario of a user clicking on such a link in a web page, TB opening
and then showing a cut off Subject line. Which is not a bug in TB but
a flaw in the mailto link.

Or am I thick?

--
Dierk Haasis

The Bat 1.62/Beta16 on Windows XP 5.1 2600Service Pack 1

Shoot them all - let GOD sort them out. (Grandpa Simpson)