Hello Johannes,

JP> Dear Peter,

JP> On 11:03 16.12.2002, you [Peter Palmreuther
JP> ([EMAIL PROTECTED])] wrote...

>> The trouble the OP might "be run into" will likely be: the POP3-server
>> does not generate the same UID for the same message every time.
>> This is a known, but not wide spread problem which can only be fixed on
>> server side. The Bat! can do _nothing_ about it, it's only chance to

JP> I know of at least one pop3 server that has this as a *feature*, to
JP> prevent users from using the server in an "IMAP" way ;)

JP> Cheers,
JP>  Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

After many gyrations.... since I am administrator of one mailserver
and "they" are administrator of another(the culprit).....

I have found a second POP3 server with this wonderful undocumented
feature.

Thanks millions for everyone's help..

 Craftsman                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]