Hello Mike,

VBG>>   I have no Virus plug ins that work with The Bat! and no
VBG>>   Anti-Virus scanner running active.

In actuality I have 2 AVs. pccillin & Norton fully updated.
I manually choose to disable their running active on
purpose. I like my system to run quicker & faster & do not
appreciate the lag these types of programs create.

MA> Yikes!! Victor, please promise me you'll never, ever email me? Thanks.
MA> Then when I get a message from you I'll know it's definitely one of
MA> the viruses you've caught. ;-)

hehe, ok. But I cannot promise I'll never e-mail you :)

MA> Seriously, you absolutely should have a scanner. You could be one of
MA> the people passing on viruses to people.

Even if I had executed the virus and it be one of the worst
viruses in existence it really wouldn't have affected me in
the least.

I've built my systems to be +virus proof and I can literally
catch over 400 different viruses in one shot and it wouldn't
make a difference to my information or OS & boot stability.

To be honest I don't even need my currently updated AVs.

MA> Not having a scanner not only means you can get infected, it also
MA> means you can pass it on to other people.

You're right! & you got me there. I know not every one has
systems & plans in place like I do to fend off viruses,
Trojans & worms.

I have plans on writing a report on how to operate &
maintain a safe and healthy OS after I finish my spam report
and to be honest you've made a point I really didn't stop to
think about.

One thing then I would need help with if someone would be
so kind. One, I understand The Bat! supports the AVG plugin,
but do I need AVG running all the time or can AVG simply
launch unnoticeably when I hit send to send mail out & then
just stop?

I would like AVG to only scan outgoing mail & at all other
times remain inactive not scanning anything else.

I am right now going to test sending nimbda to myself while
pccillin has pop3 mail scan active :) I'll let you know ;)

 Victor B. Gonzalez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.62 Christmas Edition
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1