Hello Marck,

>>   I tried docking it at the top and bottom of my screen but it
>>   interferes with my open windows.

MDP> I don't dock the ticker at all. I leave it unzoomed, shortened to
MDP> the smallest possible size and then dragged off beyond the left edge
MDP> of the screen about 3cm above the Start button with about 1cm of the
MDP> thing left showing.

MDP> Why?

MDP> 1) I have turned off old flappy. I got tired of unread Spam in my
MDP>    Anti-Spam account triggering the wings and I let the minimal
MDP>    ticker serve as my "You have mail" notification.

This is what made me turn on the ticker. It wasn't spam
exactly but I get lower than normal priority mail and I
thought I would like to keep an eye on it...

1 new shortcoming, there isn't a way to handle mail through
the ticker but to have to go through the client. Maybe not a
shortcoming but a definite feature request along with window
docking side by side.

MDP> 2) I have access to one of the real gems of the TB system - the
MDP>    "Browse Ticker Messages" virtual folder.

I didn't know about this virtual folder but looked it up in
the bat... It is a pretty cool feature with a time saving
benefit attached... Thanks :)

MDP> 3) Using "System wide hotkeys" in conjunction with PowerPro and
MDP>    Stroke-it

I've used power pro, never tried stroke it but am curious as
to what exactly is system wide hotkeys? I ask because all
keyboard shortcuts I make in my system are only active if
applied to a shortcut on either my desktop or start menu.

Thanks for your answer Marck, I am still on the tutorial you
suggested I look over and that macro tool is just really
cool.

Thanks for all the input :)

 Victor B. Gonzalez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.62 Christmas Edition
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1