Hello St - Musaic.Net,

On or about Wednesday, January 15, 2003 at 05:38:13GMT +0100
(which was 11:38 PM in the tropics where I live) St - Musaic.Net
opined:

SMN>   I am not against today's order of display, either (rules sorted
SMN>   in the order they are processed) - BUT it would certainly be nice
SMN>   if one could group related rules:

8< [SNIPPED] to prevent massive overquoting ;-)

I like the way this idea was presented.  It would tend to assist
those trying to figure out HOW to use filters, and perhaps
suggest a BEST method to order them for maximum effect and
minimum effort.

When I first started out 15 months ago, I fiddled for DAYS on end
to get my filters to execute in the proper order.  Now I have
something VERY similar to the arrangement you detailed, with the
exception of the Virus scanning, which I don't do  :^)

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that
nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

Flying in the stratosphere with The Bat! V1.61 on
Windows 2000 Vers. 5 0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3