Hello Thomas,

> V2 is being developed in C++. However, Stefan works on v1.xx, and that
> was written in Delphi 6.

> I don't know whether you can mix these and write new modules for a
> Delphi 6 program in C++ and link the object codes at compile time, so
> I don't know which language he is using.  I would think for
> updates/bugfixes on existing modules, he would have to stick to
> Delphi, as otherwise efforts in rewriting the code in C++ for V2 are
> being duplicated, and we would be getting aplha versions of v2 rather
> than bugfixes of v1.xx.

You are correct in assuming that for bug fixes and updates to existing
sections, he would have to continue using Delphi.  Unless, he is
rewriting the corresponding code in C++ and linking the object library
with the Delphi source code.

If version 2 is being totally developed in C++, then my guess is that
it is a rewrite and that is not a short process. Even though, the
Delphi language resembles C++ up to a point, it's still not easy to
convert Delphi to C++. It takes time and especially lots of testing.
In doing a rewrite, it is possible that they caught a lot of the bugs,
since they have to touch all of the code.  I've coded with C++ and I
prefer Delphi because I find it easier to work with.

So if they are rewriting the code in C++, my hats off to the
developers for their hard work.

 Daniel Rail
 Senior System Engineer
 ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)