Hello Spike,

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003 at 8:49:01 PM you [S] wrote (at least
in part):

AGSAA>> I have found a bug which prevents messages to be sent to an IP address
AGSAA>> directly (e.g. mailbox@[192.168.203.12]). Here is a good example.

S> 8< Snipped alot!

S> Correct me if I am wrong,

I'll do ...

S> but I'm sure IP addresses are not rout-able as an e-mail recipient.

They are ... if properly noted :-)

S> I can't find the appropriate RFC,

RFC-822, sec. 6.2.3

S> I just tried to send myself a message using my ISP's domain IP and
S> it came back as;

S> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
S> Unrouteable address

The notation is wrong. You'll have to embrace the IP-address by square
brackets:

spike@[205.xxx.xxx.xxx]

S> The error returned in Andrey's message said;

AGSAA>>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
AGSAA>> 550 5.1.2 [EMAIL PROTECTED] Host unknown (Name
AGSAA>> server: tp.aaanet.ru.: host not found)
AGSAA>> ---[Cut]---

S> This indicates the DNS listing is in error or the domain doesn't
S> exist.  This is further supported by;

The former. The DNS states a MX which ain't resolvable:

AGSAA>> Subject: mail.tp.ru MX record is invalid
which is subjected here
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

Yes, this is a strange craft; a strange history, too,  and strange
folks on board. But - nothing more. (Herman Melville)