Hello Allie!

On Saturday, February 08, 2003, 11:35 AM, you wrote:

AW>> This leaves aside the issue of just being polite to the folks who
AW>> are volunteering their time and effort for your benefit and little
AW>> if any gain, of course ...

A>     This *is* one of my points, come to think of it. I did fleetingly
A>     mention this in my other message when I said challenges like this
A>     make me not feel appreciated for the effort I represent as a
A>     volunteer moderator.

Let me take this opportunity to say publicly that I appreciate you
very greatly. I have never felt intimidated from courteously
disagreeing with you or asking you to explain anything or any ruling
that I did not understand.

>From the very beginning--and it's been barely three months for me--you
have helped me to learn to use The Bat! and to be friends with all my
fellow subscribers.

I was shocked at the language that was used to you. It was uncalled
for, and you characterized the origins of this challenge to the
authority of the moderators (who are only doing their best to keep
tbudl useable) extremely well in all your responses both to the
original Post and the subsequent ones, I thought.

It is only at this point--when things are about settled, it looks like
to me--that I feel bold enough to express my feelings about the issue
publicly.

To me, you are My Hero (one of a few) and a Perfect Man!!

Mary

The Bat! 1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1