Hi Allie,

on Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:31:22 -0500GMT (08.02.03, 18:31 +0100GMT here),
you wrote in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] a long and
very informative explanation. Thank you very much for your effort! :-)

I never gave very much thought to what the role of a moderator implies,
so I'm glad about the insight!

AM>     it's not good form to oppose a moderator, someone is a position of
AM>     authority on the list, in the way it was done. People, by nature,
AM>     tend to take pleasure in witnessing this and often see it as a queue
AM>     to follow suite. Soon, there's no order since if the moderator is
AM>     being challenged in such a way, who's left to control the situation.

Yes, I see what you mean. This may be particularly true in an
international group of more than 600 members...

AM>     This last paragraph was put together in an attempt to make you know
AM>     that I'm willing to be a moderator, but not because I like the
AM>     authority that goes with it. I don't really need it.

That's how I always perceived you. *S*

I very much appreciate the way, you and Marck are keeping this list as
friendly and helpful as it used to be.

Have a fine Sunday! :-)

--
Cheers
Peter

Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you won't either.

Winamp currently playing:  - silence -