Hello Christophe,

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:13:54 +0100 GMT (19/02/03, 07:13 +0700 GMT),
Christophe wrote:

> I need an explanation ; sometimes when I retrieve my e-mails, the
> connection "center" seems to to messages, I see furtively "reception
> of headers : reception message #1" for one message and nothing more,
> I look at, and neither the inbox accounts, nor the filtered folders
> have received an e-mail

You have set TB to leave messages on server (Account / Properties /
Mail Management). TB needs to download the header first to see whether
this particular mail was downloaded before. If so, the mail will not
be downloaded again.

> I go to see the "view log" and I have that :

> 19/02/2003, 00:53:00: FETCH - 1 Message(s) in the box, 0 New(s)
> 19/02/2003, 00:53:00: FETCH - Connexion terminated - 0 message(s)
> received

Right. 1 message is on the server, but you downloaded it earlier.
There is no new message (a message that you have not downloaded yet).
So, no message is being downloaded. ;-)

> Do you think it comes from the fact I have a "selected download"
> filter based on a .txt file containing hundreds of e-mail spammers and
> an option to "kill" mail ?

Not in this case, because the log clearly says that there was no new
message.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at bowling alleys.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM