Hello Peter,

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:24:00 +0100 GMT (19/02/03, 23:24 +0700 GMT),
Peter Palmreuther wrote:

> Beside the fact Christophe already denied your assumption let me correct
> you: The Bat! _does not_ download the headers of an e-mail if you've set
> "Leave messages on server". It decides wether to fetch or to ignore a
> mail in that setup by inspecting the output of "UIDL" command,

Ah, I stand corrected. I should watch TB's dialog better.
Unfortunately, this is still not possible from within TB and I didn't
check this particular dialog with Ethereal.

> But in no case The Bat! uses the headers to decide if a message was
> already downloaded, headers are only fetched when "selective download"
> is aktive of message dispatcher is invoked.
             ^ I know you  mean "or", not "if". ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

RealWorld? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM