Hello,

RK> Hi Mark,

RK> On Thursday, June 12, 2003, 23:17:05, Mark wrote:
>> Here is a regex spam filter folks might find useful
RK> That is a good way to start, but there are more powerful spam filters.
RK> [...]

I used spampal with quite good success. You can download it from here:
http://www.spampal.org.uk
I tried to use different plugins with it mainly regex and bayesian
plugins. But in my experience, it worked best without those. They gave
me too many false positives, which in my mind is more dangerous than
having some spam spill-over in my mailbox.

Two months ago, I heard about a new bayesian filter called K9. Since I
love dogs and wanted a statistical filtering, I installed it. I can
only say good things about it. After a week teaching it is nearly
perfect over 98%. You can use white- and black list, but in my case it
was not necessary. There's only one problem that I saw, which is
negligible. If one receives an e-mail with a large attachment, K9
chews on it for quite some time. You can give it a try here:
http://keir.net .

Both are free, by the way!
       Csaba Kiss
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]