On Wednesday, June 25, 2003 at 15:23 (which was Wednesday, June 25,
2003 at 16:23 where I am) Steve Hill [SH] wrote:

SH> My question is this... why is this possible with this email but
SH> not with all the HTML newsletters and promotions I receive from
SH> the likes of Amazon, BBC, etc.

The Bat! will only show images in HTML view if these images were
included with the e-mail message. In addition to the .html you will
probably have a list of one or more images in the attachment list.

The Bat! protects you from inadvertant and unrequested connections to
the Internet (in case of dial-up) and call-back systems used by
certain spammers and advertisers by refusing to go on-line to get
images that are referenced externally and weren't included with the
e-mail.

--
Greetings,
Maurice

Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/11 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1