On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, 2:00:33 PM, Nigel Howarth wrote:

> As soon as I hit the "Get new mail" or "Send queued mail" I get the
> error. Looking at the dial-up monitor, The Bat! is not attempting to
> connect with the POP or SMTP servers (nothing's being transferred
> over the phone line), so the problem must be somewhere between The
> Bat! and the modem.

Have a look at your network settings, as it sounds like TB is trying
to use settings that do not match your current setup.

In particular, you need to check the Options|Network and
Administration settings, Network tab, and make sure that TB is set up
to use the correct connection, and whether or not it is enabled to use
the existing connection.

The other alternative is that the server names on for the Account are
incorrect, and are worth checking again.
(Account|Properties|Transport)

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1