Hi Nick,

@10-Jul-2003, 14:59 -0400 (19:59 UK time) Nick OHare2 [NO] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Marck:

MDP>> 3) What AV software is running - could that be stopping things?
MDP>> 4) Are you running a firewall?

NO> I should have mentioned that I was running a firewall
NO> (ZoneAlarm)

(sharp intake of breath) - have a look for references to ZA, ZAP and
ZoneAlarm in the archive. It is widely held to be a source of
problems for many. Not all, but many for sure.

NO> and a AV (AVG). I shut both of them down and the same problem
NO> occurs (I'm doing checks through the message dispatcher).

"Shutting down" ZA is not an option. It has been conclusively proven
that nothing short of a complete exorcism will stop ZA from doing at
least *something* you didn't tell it to within your system. This
alone is my main reason for advising folks to make the shift to
Kerio if they possibly can. No software should be that pervasive,
unbeknownst to the user.

However, we digress, since this is clearly *not* the source of your
problem.

NO> One test I did do involved using another TB! account and did
NO> manage to download an email I sent it. Is it possible that my
NO> brother finally came up with the magic number of emails that can
NO> bring TB! to it's knees?

No. I sincerely believe that there is no possibility of that being
the problem. Since you are using the dispatcher, you can batch the
downloads and reduce the number of messages coming in. I predict
that the result will be the same. I think that Marek hit it when he
said that the Inbox of the account may well be corrupt in some way,
shape or form.

Are there many messages in the Inbox? Move them out to another
location. Exit TB. Use Windows Explorer to find the Inbox folder on
disk and delete the .tbb and .tbi files. Run TB again and see if
your mails will now import correctly. They are downloading just fine
(to the temp folder) - it's just the act of importing them to Inbox
that's choking.

- --
Cheers -- .\\arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v1.63 Beta/11 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1