"Essentially, I'm wanting to
synchronize my mail between my work notebook and my home desktop."

 Hi Steve,

 Exactly the basic problem that I was trying to solve for the past few
 weeks. I wnated to do significantly more thatn just mail. I have a
 peer to peer network between desktop and laptop. I tried sharing
 drives and copying relevant files back and forth [ this is after
 installing TB independently on each machine. I was advised to try
 'Briefcase' not really the answer that I wanted as it updated the
 files to or from the laptop/desktop depending upon your settings but
 you then had extract them from the briefcase and save them to the
 relevant drive/folder.  I have settled for buying the Pro version of
 "Easy2Sync" this allows you to set a variety of tasks to be executed
 automatically, scheduled or manually. You can synchronise, copy or
 overwrite in either direction......the programme also asks when it
 discovers a file on the receiver that is more up to date than on the
 sender. Have a look at: http://itsth.de/ for [Easy2Sync
 (Business-Edition)] and see if it suits.

 Regards
- Charles -
Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1