Hello Spike,

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:23:46 -0500 GMT (13/08/2003, 00:23 +0700 GMT),
Spike wrote:

> Further to this, you MUST make sure that your Windows installation has
> been FULLY patched with all the latest updates.  This vulnerability
> has been addressed, but ONLY if you have regularly and RELIGIOUSLY
> executed all the updates.  If you fail to do this, you are vulnerable.
> Almost ALL the infections I have found have been traced to users
> accessing their Hotmail from a browser.

OK. I'm running Win98, so I'm not vulnerable, right? (This is the
first question.)

My friend checked his Hotmail on my computer. Would he have had to
have downloaded anything to cause an infection, or would opening a
mail received by Hotmail have sufficed? (This is the second question.)

> http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

This website has been "loading" for ages. May be over-"loaded"...

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

CHRISTOPHER HOPE was disappointed by the warning he spotted on a
gallon container of the laboratory disinfectant Hibitane. "Avoid
contact with brain," it told him, thereby spoiling his plans for a
fun-filled afternoon drilling holes in his skull and pouring
disinfectant into them.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.0 Beta/1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 128MB RAM