* [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am sick and tired of having to kill the TB process. This has happened in
> most/all versions I have ever used and I reported it many times. Oddly, the
> support personnel I have always been in contact with suck.

I think an anonymous coward like you, [EMAIL PROTECTED], should not
try to classify anyone as a »sucking« one. Next time you try flaming
please make sure that you filled in your real name into the
appropriate field of your mail program.

> 1) Mail stops being retrieved. In the old days before I bitched about this a
> ton, we didn't get the "Some Tasks are still Active, quit when they are
> done" message, we just didn't get anything and killed the process. They
> obviously know what the hell is going on because they added that dialog. My
> best guess, since they seem incapable of coming up with one, is that the
> retrieval thread is being `de-synched` when a server is slow, for whatever
> reason, perhaps it is slow enough that the timeout has elapsed AFTER a new
> retrieval is supposed to begin. IE, a timeout occurs 90 seconds after an
> attempt, but the retrievals are supposed to occur every 60 seconds.

You are absolutely right, this should be fixed. But how? IIRC Rit
had problems reproducing this bug.

> These problems have existed in many versions, I won't accept being told
> simply to upgrade, and I could care less if others have not experienced
> them. I have never reported any bug or slew of bugs without being told
> vehemently that others have not experienced them.

A lot of people experienced the »hanging« connection center,
including me. And it is very annoying indeed. I am using v2 beta now
and had no connection center trouble for quite some beta versions. I
don't know what changed, if it's TB! or something else...
--
Carsten