Tuesday, September 9, 2003, 9:50:52 PM, Vishal wrote:
V> Right. People like us on this list don't appreciate that. But
V> we aren't really representative of the majority.

That is such a great point! (I wish I had made it. :) )

We techies so often forget that our view of the world is
different than the typical end user.  10 years ago it was a true
technical accomplishment to have an Internet connection and LAN
in your own home. (I think I just strained my arm patting myself
on the back. :) ) Nowadays, it's a complete no-brainer that
anyone can do and the vast majority of Internet users are not
technically savvy.

The Internet is becoming to be treated in the same manner as
automobiles. I.e. "I just want it to work and don't care how it
works."

V> Many reasons, but I know a lot of people who *like* receiving
V> messages with fancy stationery.

Me, too.  That's one of the reasons why I use TB! so that much of
the HTML nonsense is filtered for me.  That's my choice.  Many,
if not most, enjoy the background gif of a notebook, the sand on
a beach, waving palms, on and on ad nauseam.

--
Dave Kennedy