Hello Joan,

JJ> I  did. I uninstalled,  downloaded the full AVG anew, I deleted  the grisoft
JJ> folder with the remaining files and reinstalled the new full
JJ> 6.0.518  version  (free).

Did you make sure all dlls were removed as well as registry keys?

[snip]

JJ> Now  I  suspect  that  the  program  is  not  *damaged*, but that it
JJ> is  *modified*,  and  this is the normal behavior of the new version.

I disagree. No one would have a message reporting it was broken as the
normal behaviour. The system is still broken and needs to be fixed.

JJ> Any  idea  about  that?  If this is really the case, is it a trick
JJ> from  Grisoft  to push you into purchasing a paid version? Has their
JJ> sense of how to conduct business been *damaged* ?.

I  doubt  it's  a Grisoft trick and I use the same software as you and
the  update works fine on my computer. We'd better move any replies to
this  to  TBOT  though.  If  you're not subscribed you'll need to goto
yahoo.com and subscribe to the group TBOT.

--
Jamie Dainton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Leaders of the world's richest nations meet in Cancun on September
10th 2003. Oxfam is presenting them with a petition to make trade
fair. Be sure your voice is heard. Sign the 'Big Noise' petition to
make trade fair at: http://www.maketradefair.com/go/join/?p=omf1