I'm curious how other TB users approach this.  I currently have all my
folders that receive mail sorted by date ascending (that is, newest
message at the bottom).

I have gone back and forth over the years, and sometimes used ascending
just for mailing lists and such and descending for "regular" Inboxes.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that TheBat! (v1.62r) seems to
"prefer" new messages at the top.  I know one or the other probably had
to be decided on - I'm just curious what other TB users are doing.

I claim TB prefers descending (new mail at the top), because after
clearing a Quick Filter (Alt + select: name, subject, etc.) by pressing
Ctrl+=, the focus returns to the top of the list.  Not a huge deal, but
if that's your oldest message, there is an extra step to scroll down to
the bottom.

This is pretty minor - I can press the End key and quickly move to the
bottom of the list. But I was wondering if this behavior bothered anyone
else, or caused someone switch their sorting method.   Heck, maybe I'm
the only one who sorts with newest at the bottom!

--
 Ken Green
 TheBat! v1.62r, Win2000 SP4