On Sunday, October 26, 2003, 11:08 AM, you wrote:

>> In the main window, left to right, it shows subject, a little
>> envelope, a "P" for parking......

TF> Not here.

I had to read this twice;) what you mean is, your columns are not the
same as mine,, no problem:)

>>  your envelope has a check mark.

TF> Here, too. That is because the message is PGP-signed.

cool, fine, neat-O, I get it.

>> below this window is the preview window that has FROM:, To: and subject.
>> WAY off to the right is an icon, and when I put my cursor over it it
>> says "Verify OpenPGP Signature". It has a questionmark and a paperclip
>> icon. Does the questionmark mean it doesn't recognize your signature?

TF> No, it means you have to verify the signature to check whether it is
TF> valid.

what, so what does the check mark mean in the envelope? to make SURE it
hasn't been tampered with I need to hit the question mark and test it??

>> when I click on it, it brings up the PGPLog window with your info in
>> it. how come the envelope up top was checked and there was still a
>> questionmark below???

TF> According to Stefan, each time you open the message, the signature
TF> will have the question mark, so that you can check each time you open
TF> it whether it has been tampered with.

right, sure, I'll do that every time I open the message.... I DON'T
THINK SO<G> I'll settle for the envelope check mark..

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v2.01.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600