Rich Gregory, [RG] wrote:

RG> EXACTLY! I was hoping to find a wrap setting that I would like MY
RG> mail to come in as! This is why I also selected 70 characters. I
RG> have no idea why under "windows compatable" it doesn't "listen" to
RG> that setting.

As with most other editors that behave as the Windows compatible editor
does, it only soft wraps. The wrapping you see as you type isn't really
only visual. To confirm this, copy a few lines of text you type in that
editor and paste it in notepad. Toggle off notepads wrapping and it
appears as a single line of text.

Do the same experiment with MicroEd and you'll see that text copied from
it into notepad appears wrapped irrespective of notepads wrap setting.

TB! was originally developed with one editor, i.e., MicroEd. As a result
it never wrapped on sending. It never needed to.

I guess with this new editor on board, something would need to be done,
but at the moment, TB! still doesn't wrap on sending text.

RG> I can't stand the way lines are full justified and all the keybopard
RG> shortcut editing keys do not work in MicroEd.

You can toggle off justification in the editor preferences.

MicroEd's shortcuts are a little different from what you're accustomed
to and a complete listing may be found on the FAQ pages.

http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/shortcut.eng.txt

RG> It is not at all a preference to ask anyone to try to read unwrapped
RG> lines. I am still struggling with the transition to TB! from Eudora
RG> that handles wrapping perfectly no matter how a message was created.

Eudora wraps on sending. It doesn't wrap perfectly. :( This is why I've
stayed away from it.

--
 -= allie_M =- | List Moderator
PGPKeys: http://www.ac-martin.com/pgpkeys.html