tbudl,

  I am not very familiar with the concept of selective uoting in
replies as I am used to just posting reply at top of message.  It
seems like a very awkward process.  Or is that a normal reaction to
someone who is new to doing this?
could someone explain how to do this or point me to a place where I
can read about it?

When I select one part of a message to respond to, I hit F4 and can
write a reply, but the rest of the message disappears.  Is the answer
simply cursoring through the message and leaving a blank line between
the quotes and my response?  Thanks for helping this novice!

 Mary Anne Lynskey
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]