Hello Simon,

VBG>>   The address I need to filter against is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

S> As  well  as [EMAIL PROTECTED], choose the Alternatives tab, add a new
S> set,  and  add  [EMAIL PROTECTED];  complete  with  semi-colon. Set to
S> filter anywhere. I just tried it and it works fine :-)

Long time no combo Simon :) This worked but I was highly against it as
the filtering window is non resizable, therefore always "one more
filter" makes it larger and harder to manage.

I think I found a bug but first I'll tell you what I did. I completely
stopped filtering against an address book for bad addresses. Instead I
put all bad addresses in one single line seperated by the pipe
character "presence anywhere yes". This works beautifully and reduced
my spam filters by several.

The bug I think I found was putting anything in the filter strings or
alternative box "and" trying to filter against an address book at the
same time. i.e. the filter by itself "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" "presence
anywhere yes" worked by itself but also adding an address book to
filter against too failed.

I think its a bug as your idea works standalone but never with
filtering against an address book in the same filter.

I got it solved, thanks for the idea, I needed some sleep and another
shot at the drawing board. Its all fixed now, :woot:!.

Thanks Simon!

 Victor B. Gonzalez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v2.01.3
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1